Heavy Highway & Bridge Construction, Commercial-Residential & industrial Development, Bituminous Concrete Material Sales, Paving, Limestone Quarrying, Trucking, & Equipment Rental.
In doing asphalt paving, one of the issues contractors face is choosing between asphalt and concrete. Most modern-day paving techniques make use of asphalt and concrete. Asphalt and concrete are quite flexible materials. They have long been used in history in the building sector. However, the biggest difference between the two is the price.
But which one is actually better to use especially in building parking areas and/or garage surfaces? Let this list of benefits and pitfalls of concrete paving and asphalt enlighten you.
Concrete Driveway Paving
Here are some of the cons of using concrete paving:
- Concrete is prone to splitting and twisting. Compared to asphalt, concrete is heavy and firm layout. Some of the things that easily damages concrete include tree roots, ground movement, freeze thaw cycles, and dirt movement.
- Concrete paving requires more time and budget than asphalt paving. This hold specifically true with the larger a projects.
- Fixes to damaged concrete paving projects are a bit more expensive. They also do not blend as asphalt paving does.
Here are some of the positives of using concrete:
- Concrete paving lasts longer than asphalt paving areas.
- Maintenance costs are typically less expensive
- Requires minimal maintenance since it’s a tough material
On the flipside, let’s see the pros and cons of asphalt paving.
- Asphalt needs upkeep including crack filling, seal coating, and other forgotten expenses.
- Asphalt Paving offers better environmental adaptability over concrete especially when managing tension and fracturing.
- Asphalt is the best material to use for easy pothole repair. It is a great enduring answer for fixing potholes in a much shorter time than concrete.
- If Asphalt is not conserved, the expenses and damages can intensify.
- Asphalt is often used in maintaining and repairing parking areas, drives, and streets. Preparing asphalt paving is simple. It can be done directly over today sidewalk, walkways, driveways and parking lots.
- Asphalt is durable, tough and climate resistant. It is immune to chemical damage.-Asphalt sets much faster compared to concrete offering it a strong benefit in both expense and comfort for
- Asphalt sets much faster compared to concrete offering it a strong benefit in both expense and comfort for parking area and garage paving. More info on getting home construction loans here.
In a nutshell..
Asphalt is a more environmentally friendly and recyclable that have many benefits for garage, roadway, and parking lot applications. Initial costs for new pavement is exponentially cheaper when using asphalt than concrete.
Concrete paving is a long lasting and requires less maintenance. With that being said, repair costs for concrete areas are costlier than asphalt. Asphalt paving can easily be done straight over the current pavement in many situations. Click here for some more info on this.
If you are looking for a company near me then we are the guys to call.
In order to decide which material to use, be aware of where you will use it. Take into consideration where you need to use it and how much you are willing to spend. Talk with your contractor and engineer about it. We often serve people in Santa Rosa California
Gohmann Asphalt & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Postal address P O Box 2428 Clarksville, Indiana 47131
General Information: email@example.com
Webmaster: Patty Stewart
Manager – MIS: Michael P. Kelly
Resumes may be sent to Richard Cripe – Controller at
Please see Job Opportunities page for
current employment opportunities